We at the Law Offices of Carlos Diaz-Cobo will maintain a steadfast commitment to providing our clients with a consistently high level of representation and service. Our firm is committed to providing our clients with professional, responsive, and courteous treatment from all of our staff members.
We provide valuable legal services to help our clients achieve their goals.
Born and raised in Newark, NJ, Carlos Diaz-Cobo graduated magna cum laude from Rutgers University, New Brunswick with a major in Administration of Justice and Sociology with minors in Psychology and Political Science. He also earned a Certificate of Criminology as well as a Certificate in Public Policy from the Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers.
He went on to graduate from the top ranked Cardozo School of Law in New York City where he was selected to participate in the Criminal Defense Clinic headed by Barry Scheck, famed attorney for OJ Simpson and head of the world renowned Innocence Project. He was also selected to participate in the Appellate Law Clinic, where he argued criminal cases in the NYC Appellate Court, and the Moot Court Honor Society where he won "Best Oral Advocate" in a competition judged by now U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. He was also the first law student to ever be appointed to the City Bar Association's Death Penalty Committee, which submitted amicus briefs in People v. Harris which ultimately held the death penalty unconstitutional in New York.
Mr. Diaz-Cobo has been practicing Criminal and Municipal Defense Law in New Jersey since 2006, providing affordable and aggressive representation for thousands of clients. He is well respected by the courts, his colleagues, prosecutors, and most importantly his clients.
Carlos Diaz-Cobo is certified by the NJ Supreme Court as a Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer. Less than 2 percent of all the attorneys in the State of New Jersey have earned this designation. It is only awarded to those applicants that demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in criminal trial practice. Additionally, Certified Criminal Trial Attorneys must have practiced for at least 5 years, complete ongoing legal education, be favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with their work, and take and pass a written exam in criminal trial law administered by the State.
Appeals court throws out felony murder conviction of Long Branch man in 2017 slaying
- Two men found guilty in Asbury shooting that wounded two (app.com)
- Feds continue to jail alleged Proud Boys member that judge in N.J. decided to free
Few plea bargains in U.S. Capitol riot cases as prosecutors stand firm
- New Jersey man assaulted cops at Capitol, bragged about being at riot, authorities say
- Jury acquits two men of Long Branch pistol whipping robbery
- Mother of man convicted doesn’t believe he’s guilty. Attorney to Appeal
- Defense, prosecution make final cases ahead of deliberations in Sarah Stern murder trial
- Long Branch Man was looking at Life, Acquitted of Murder, Convicted of Reckless Manslaughter, now looking at only Ten years Max
- Sarah Stern murder: McAtasney hires new lawyer with track record of acquittals
- Prosecutorial disqualification bid on the docket
- Jury: Man shot by police didn't try to murder Asbury Park cop
- Jury rejects story that gun was planted in purse
- Asbury Park man acquitted in murder
- Sayreville football parent reveals sexual nature of alleged locker room hazing ritual (Exclusive)
- After 3 years in jail, Long Branch pair found not guilty of 2010 killing
The Law Offices of Carlos Diaz-Cobo
Monmouth County Office
35 Court Street
Freehold, NJ 07728
Middlesex County Office (By Appointment Only)
57 Paterson Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901